The Caroline Walker Trust Annual Awards 2020
The 30th Anniversary Awards Reception is an initiative managed by The Caroline Walker Trust (CWT), dedicated to the improvement of public health through good food. Established in 1989 to continue the work of the distinguished nutritionist, writer and campaigner Caroline Walker.
Terms & Conditions
- The award categories include Charity Food Campaigner of the Year, Ultimate Food Hero of the Year, Nutritionist of the Year, Freelance Nutritionist of the Year, Media Campaigner of the Year.
- All entries must be completed and submitted online by 10th August 2020.
- For the category of Charity Campaigner of the Year, the application must be made in the name of the charity and not the individual. Charity refers to an organisations, regardless of its legal structure whose objects are wholly and exclusively charitable, is of a charitable nature and provides a public benefit. This includes Registered Charities, Registered Trusts, unincorporated associations or societies, membership based charity and/or company limited by guarantee (incorporated), not-for profit organisations and social enterprises.
- For the category of Nutritionist of the Year, nominees must be a Registered Nutritionist with the Association for Nutrition.
- For the category of Free-Lance Nutritionist of the Year, nominees must be a member of SENSE, Nutrition Society, Association of Nutrition or the British Dietetic Association.
- There is no restriction on the number of entries an organisation may wish to make.
- The shortlisted entries will be announced in October 2020.
- The organisers reserve the right to modify or vary the terms and conditions at any time. By making or accepting a nomination you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- All entrants agree that the organisers and related individuals or entities, as well as our sponsors, shall not be liable for losses or injuries of any kind resulting from participation in the Awards.
- Where the entry was a collaborative effort, all major contributors should be specified within the entry.
- Nominators may be asked to provide additional evidence or materials after submission.
- Supporting material such as independently produced data, industry experience, extracts from analysts’ reports, testimonials, any other relevant information will only be accepted if provided as part of the written submission online. No further hard copy information is required.
- Supporting material may be uploaded via the upload facility on the entry form or in the case of a video, emailed to [email protected]
- Nominations that are incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, forged, irregular in any way, or otherwise not in compliance with these official rules are void.
- CWT will not accept lobbying by any person or organisation on behalf of a nominee. Judging panels will make their recommendations based solely on the content of completed nomination forms. Recommendations made by the judging panels are then considered and agreed by the CWT board. Decisions are final.
- Digital videos and photographic images may be taken during the event by an official photographer. CWT may use these digital videos and photographic images in post-event publicity and for future marketing materials including our newsletters, websites and future CWT events etc. We will not use any photograph without your explicit consent.
- Nominee involvement, contribution and impact will be subject to verification by CWT should they be shortlisted. We reserve the right to withdraw a nomination should adequate information not be available.
- When a nomination is being provided for another person or people, the nominator must warrant to CWT that they have gained the consent of those nominated to put their names and contact details forward to CWT for the sole purpose of the awards.
- Nominations can be made by completing and submitting the online form.
- The organisers cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for the protection of rights to the nominee’s products/services.
- The decision is final in terms of any award. The organisers will not be obliged to justify their decision or enter any correspondence. Feedback cannot be provided on individual entries.
- Judges will look for: Significant and ground-breaking achievements to date, high potential, making a distinctive, unusual, innovative contribution in their field and ability, willingness, to act as a role model to others
- Winners revealed in November 2020
- All winners will receive £250
- Application fees are payable for each entry submitted into the awards.
- The cost per nomination is £20. Fees are non-refundable.
PRIVACY: How we use personal information
- Personal data is sourced, held, processed and used by CWT in order to support the administration of the Awards Reception and therefore meets the legitimate interest lawful basis for data processing under the General Data Protection Regulation. Such personal data is limited to the name, job title and contact details of nominators and nominees and any information about the nominee included by the nominator or requested by CWT to support the nomination process.
- Information will not be shared with, or sold to, any external parties. Information may be held by Caroline Walker Trust for communications and future CWT award reception and similar activities. We update our data regularly in accordance with GDPR.
- The completed nominations will only be processed to support the judging process and will be shared with the judges on a secure and confidential basis. On completion of the judging process each year, they will be asked to destroy all nomination records.
- We may use the contact details that you give us in your nomination/s before, during and after the awards ceremony. We will confirm receipt of your nomination, may contact you in the event of questions and to inform you of the shortlist. We will also invite shortlisted nominees to participate in the awards ceremony.
- During the event evening, names of the shortlisted nominees, along with those of all guests, will be used for reserving table places and in the awards programme to aid networking. After the awards we may send nominees and nominators follow up emails with links to photography or further reading as relevant.
- Financial Information – Payment information gathered during the selling of exhibition space, sponsorship and nominations, including but not limited to, company bank details, credit card numbers, financial institutions, and expiration dates – is considered Financial. This information is not distributed under any circumstance but will be processed by our bank and payment processor.
Any enquiries about the Award nominations, please email to [email protected]